Everybody loves shouting out commands, you just wish somebody would listen. Well we’re in luck as we now have Tommy a little turtle who will do just as we command
This tiny app is a very interesting take on programming a turtle to do as you say. If you’ve ever fiddled with Logo this app is a straight inspiration from it. A nice start for kids to get the hang of programming, what’s missing is some fun moves and changing scenes.
Tommy the Turtle
|Developer: Zyrobotics LLC
Google Play Rating: 4.6
Read more on Brite.li
Nevertheless the freshest idea to hit the app store and could take a couple of versions to become a rage. Try it out if you have kid who might enjoy commanding a turtle. – TheAppCurators
Google Play Description
Learn the basics of coding with Tommy the Turtle! Tommy the Turtle – Learn to Code is another fun, interactive, educational game to help young children learn the basics of coding. With an accessible interface, kids of all ages and abilities can use commands, sequences, and loops to make Tommy the Turtle move, dance, and sing on screen. In challenge mode, children can test their coding abilities by solving the Tommy the Turtle challenges with his friends.
Learning to code from an early age helps children develop problem solving skills and prepares them for the future.
Key Features of Tommy the Turtle – Learn to Code app
1. Learn the basics of coding with simple commands, sequences, and loops.
2. Combines audio, visual, and touch inputs to enhance multi-sensory learning
3. One-touch input for help in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children
4. Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess or Zumo)
5. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements.
With an easy-to-use interface kids interact with fun animated characters and using various basic programming commands they learn how sequences and even loops work. The best part is that they have fun doing it, thus it is perceived as a game rather than a traditional learning venue.
In-depth description of features:
– Programming basics for kids. This game teaches kids the basics of coding with simple commands, sequences and even loops. It relies on visual learning as a cute turtle does actions based on their input.
– Challenge mode. Kids can play the game in challenge mode, where other friendly characters tell Tommy what to do. Once a challenge is completed, they advance to the next.
– Tutorial & Free to play. A quick tutorial shows first time users how to interact with Tommy and have it perform actions. The free to play mode allows any kind of commands without any limitations.
– Voice guidance. As this is targeted for kids, a friendly voice accompanies any task in the game. This makes it easier for kids to understand what they need to do in a friendly teaching environment.
– 3D graphics. All cute animal characters in this game are animated and feature full 3D characteristics. This makes the game appealing and acts as a animated tutor that teaches kids through playing.