Whether you dabble in sketch or paint masterpieces, ArtRage is one of the best apps around. If you use a tablet then this is a must have. It’s a paid app but probably the most value you can get out of a painting tool.
Since the app is meant for artists, a lot of thought seems to have gone into the unconventional interface. Icons and tools that hide away to give you more canvas area, small details like watercolor spreading based on wetness and a knife tool reacting to pressure are what really sets
|Developer: Ambient Design Ltd.
Google play Rating: 4.4
Install from Google Play
ArtRage apart from the crowd. A ton of tools like crayons, rollers, pencils, brushes make every type of art accessible on a tablet.
There are far too many features to be discussed in a small post like this, so try it out if you are seriously into paint and sketch – TheAppCurators
Google Play Description:
Get creative with realistic paint without the mess and expense! Explore a packed toolbox of intuitive, natural painting tools like oils and watercolors that let you experiment with color blends and textures on a realistic canvas.
ArtRage places the tools of a real art studio at your fingertips and is perfect for anyone who loves drawing. Try out the Pencils for sketching, the Oil Tube for impasto, and Felt Pens for a Copic marker effect.
ArtRage doesn’t just place color on your canvas. It keeps track of how much paint there is and how wet it is, so you can blend color under the brush as you paint, or lay down thick lines of pigment for smearing with the Palette Knife just like the real thing. Watercolors react to the wetness of the brush and paper, to create hard edged strokes or blend to soft gradients. Canvas grain affects the paint, and dry pigments break up on the surface to create textures. It’s not just a special effect, it’s a live simulation of the properties of real paint.
Come join the ArtRage artist community, learn more about the program and find help!
Real world painting tools include Oils, Watercolor, Paint Rollers, Pencils, Crayons and more. Each tool has a range of settings that reflect familiar properties such as how much thinner is applied to the paint, or how soft a pencil tip is. Tools apply texture as well as color, and blend under the brush.
Add Layers to your painting and work on individual elements without damaging others. ArtRage supports a wide range of Layer Blend Modes that let you create effects like shading and highlights in your paintings.
Import photos, converting them to oil for smearing or as Reference Images pinned to the canvas as a visual guide. You can load photos as Tracing Images which are overlaid on the canvas, and have ArtRage select colors from them automatically as you paint.
The interface has been designed to maximize your creative space without hiding away critical functions such as tool and color selection. As you paint, it gets out of the way so that you don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels. With support for Multi-Touch gestures, important shortcuts are available without needing any interface.
– Oil Brush, Watercolor, Airbrush, Palette Knife, Paint Roller, Paint Tube, Inking Pen, Pencil, Marker Pen, Wax or Chalk Pastel, Eraser, Flood Fill, Glitter Tube, Gloop Pen.
– Unlimited layers, Photoshop standard blend modes, visibility and opacity controls.
– Unlimited Undo / Redo. Load photos as References or Tracing Overlays. Store as many color samples as you want for later use.
– Store ArtRage Painting files in your local gallery and export common image formats using the sharing systems your device supports.
– Designed for compact operation at different resolutions and supports all screen orientations. Easy access pods provide convenient functionality without getting in the way. Elements vanish as you paint so you can paint underneath without having to stop. Multi-Touch shortcuts for canvas manipulation, Undo/Redo, and Brush Size.
Help & Support:
– Quick Reference and Guide cover the basics of the application. Free product support available via our Forums or by email to our support team.